Our Counselor's believe:
- All students have the right to be heard, valued and respected.
- Each student is their own person and has their own set of unique life circumstances that inform their story.
- All students are capable of learning and growing as individuals and as members of their communities.
- Schools have the responsibility to provide equitable opportunities for all students.
- School needs to be a safe and nurturing environment for all students.
- All students deserve to have a leader and advocate that they trust.
- All students deserve to be prepared for a variety of postsecondary options and avenues for success.
The Abbott Middle School Counseling Department is dedicated to helping all students achieve their highest potential. Our counseling programs work with students, parents, guardians, school staff, and community members to provide comprehensive and developmentally appropriate academic, personal, and socio-emotional counseling services. Services are provided to maximize the academic achievement of all students and promote the necessary skills, attitudes, and beliefs to effectively navigate a constantly evolving world.