The Physical Education program is designed to develop the body, mind, and spirit of the student. Our department has high standards for quality student participation and responsible personal and social behavior. All students will be expected to strive for excellence in all activities presented in class. The Physical Education department works hard to help students build life-long healthy habits.
GENERAL PHYSICAL EDUCATION OBJECTIVES
- Teach basic fundamental physical skills
- Expose students to a variety of physical activities and sports that include both carry-over and lifetime skills
- Stress sportsmanship and the ethics of fair and healthy play
- Maintain a health enhancing level of physical fitness
- Provide opportunity to all students of all ability levels to improve their level of physical ability
For more information about the district's policies on Physical Education, please click here to download a flier.
For more information on the state's physical fitness testing, please click here to visit the website.